ASK... SEEK... KNOCK







“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find…

 knock, and the door will be opened unto you.”


Jesus Christ


One of the simple realities of life is that none of us, here, knows everything. So, we need to seek help from others… be sincere, humble and teachable. Only then, as Jesus Christ said, will we be given… Only then will we find… And, yes, only then will the door be opened unto us.


So many people seek help from me every day… help of different kinds… as I seek it from so many of them everyday. And, yes, none of us has all the answers, all the help they seek from us… Even then, we do help each other: we connect each other to the right people we know. Others do it for us; and we do it for others.


Just some twenty minutes back, one of my dear well-wishers, who is a college lecturer, called me. Recently, she was operated on her shoulders, as a result of which, she has now difficulty writing on the black/white board in her college. For years, she has been using the board, and, now, she, suddenly, finds herself helpless. So, she is now exploring the use of a projector and a laptop while teaching. This is a skill she is not familiar with, but, wants to learn. 


“Sir, can you help me?” my friend asked me in all her earnestness.


“Oh yes, I can,” I instantly offered to help her…


I put her in touch with another dear friend of mine, who was an ‘expert’ in training others in Presentational Skills.


I couldn’t help the lady on my own… No, I am not good at the technology use in the class room. But, my other friend is. The other friend has sought my help several times before on various other issues which I was good at, and, I have reached out to this friend gladly and promptly… All that the friend had to do was: to ask, to seek… and, yes, to knock… The help was always there… one knock away from the door!


And, today, when I asked this friend of mine for a small help for another ‘seeking soul’, he was there all ready to help, gladly and promptly… and, yes, just outside the door!



People don’t ask enough… Don’t seek enough… Don’t knock enough…



They hesitate, shy away from asking…



Then, they don’t receive, don’t find… the door remains closed for them, always!


That’s how it was when Jesus Christ said this two thousand years ago…  That’s how it is when I say it, now…


And, that’s how it shall be for thousands of years to come.




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Neetu Sharma Sachdeva




Comments

Karan Mehra said…
Perfectly said, sir. Karan
Leena D'Mello said…
Inspiring as always!!!! Leena
PUNIT MISHRA said…
Yes Gerry, this old wisdom shall always stay.
---- Punit
Bhushan Hegde said…
Thanks for this inspiring article. Bhushan
Anonymous said…
Liked the Biblical core in this post. Kulwant

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...