LEAVE YOUR HOME WEARING YOUR TRUST-GLASSES














“Everybody out there – in the world outside - is not a not a thief, not a cheat.” I was telling this in my class, yesterday, “You need to have trust.”


There was a young girl in the classroom. A month ago, when this girl had come to enquire, I quickly sensed that she lacked trust. She had come to me through the reference of a very dear and committed student of mine. Still, this young-one was unable to take a call… She was very skeptical, even suspicious. While I knew that a customer was always right, that he was even God, I did not want to forget that I was a teacher and not a roadside vendor…


So, for the next ten minutes, I sweetly explained to this young soul how important it was for all of us to trust others. I did not say ‘blindly’… No, I would never advice that to anyone. Never.


I said, “Beta, there ARE some cheats out there. You must have been duped by some of them before… But, if you now leave home wearing those Suspicion-glasses, you will not be able to find any honest soul in this world… You have to remove those glasses, wear your Trust-glasses… That’s the only way you will ever find hope, help, friendship and happiness outside.”


I added this, too, “Imagine beta, if, every morning, all of us leave our homes wearing our Suspicion-glasses!  It would be a world of cheats and thieves out there!”


I knew, that it was very important to impart this lesson to the young-one. And, I knew, that by imparting it with such directness, I was preparing myself to even lose her.


The girl re-appeared, the same evening, along with her mother and enrolled. Apparently, the young-one had narrated at home what she had heard here, that morning. The mother wanted to meet me and express her appreciation. 



Last morning, the presence of this young girl in my class had prompted me to advice all the young-ones, once again, about one of the most important lessons in life: 



“Dear, every morning, when you leave home, 

wear your Trust-glasses… 

Everyone out there is not a thief, not a cheat.”



What good will our school and college education serve us, if we move around, always wearing our Suspicion-glasses?
 



GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Suman Dhing






Comments

Benny J said…
Simple yet profound lesson. Thank you. Benny
Gulshan Mehra said…
Keep inspiring us sir! Keep writing!
... Gulshan
Savita N Kumar said…
the most important lesson we need to learn and teach
Nicely written Sir....as usual !!!

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...