THERE IS NO PROBLEM... THERE IS ONLY ANXIETY.


















 “Man proposes, God disposes.”

Well, always?


I don’t think so. 


Most of the times, I propose… and, what I propose, gets disposed, too. God is okay with my proposal; He doesn’t meddle with my business…


And, sometimes, for the reasons best known to Him, He does… 


And, when that happens, when my plans go for a toss, when I miss on my 'connecting flight'… initially, I react angrily… I show my frustration… “What the hell is this?”


Yes, who the hell am I asking this to?


And, how the hell the missed flight be caught up again?


Who the hell can tell me this?


God has already disposed, buddy… Peace be with you… Amen!


Yesterday, my friend Deepak and I boarded the fast-and-dependable Shivneri bus in Pune. We had a program to host here in Mumbai in the afternoon and we had timed ourselves accordingly based on the past track record of our dependable Shivneri. 


All went well till we reached the middle of the ghat section. Then, a nasty sound went up… The driver parked the vehicle on the sides and went back to check… The tire had burst out… Somehow, he brought us to the food-court at the base of the ghats and gently declared, “It might take an hour or so!”


“What?” was the reaction of all the passengers, including mine!


“It will be a real problem for people who make their tight-plans,” I said to my friend Deepak very anxiously. Our own tight-plan seemed to be upset by Shiva’s plan!


“There is no problem,” Deepak calmed me down getting into his trademark go-cool- giggle, “there is only anxiety.”


I looked at my friend, who was looking straight into my eyes and laughing still… “Yes, what will happen? What problem?” His gaze was challenging me…


“There are ten vacant seats in the bus next to you,” the driver came in to announce.


The very next moment, we both were inside the bus waiting next to us...


We reached here well in advance!


Deepak was still looking into my eyes and laughing...



‘There is no problem; there is only anxiety!”


And, that’s so even if Shiva decides to dispose off our air-tight plans!



GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Gloria Pinto


Comments

Savita N Kumar said…
amazing and so true i wish we could only be aware of this every moment worry would have no place exist in this universe......
Navin Deshmukh said…
absolutely true sir. Love. Navin
Anonymous said…
Need this perspective badly. Vinay
Ujjwala Bhandari said…
Even if Shiva disposes, it is only a situation!!!!
- Ujwala

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...