OUR BEST INSURANCE COVER






















Pic.: Barkha Manik



 “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.”

- Paulo Coelho

I have, always, felt in my heart the power of my dreams. When a dream is alive in my heart, I feel strong, upbeat and zestful. When dream fades, my strength and zest, too.

So, invariably, the secret of remaining young, alive and purposeful is to nurse a dream in my heart and follow it...

Fear about future, normally, sneaks in our hearts when we give up on our dreams... when we give up on our hopes... when we have no purpose to live for. We turn cynical and bitter about our future... We turn skeptical and lose our zest.

Some days ago, I had been to an insurance co’s office to pay premiums of some of my exiting policies. While I was there, I was approached by one of the business-development officers, who, in those few moments, literally, made me feel why I did not have enough insurance cover... and why I should urgently go for a ‘big’ cover...

Yes, for a while, I was hoodwinked to believe in his logic and I was panicking: “I am 56. How many more productive years? What if that happens? And what if this happens? He is right... I should not take the risk of not protecting my future...”

By the time I reached home, I was out of his spell... “Thank-you so much,” I said, “I am quite happy with the present cover.”

And, a couple of days back, I, consciously, made a decision to learn and practice ‘Tai Chi’... Somehow, I had felt, that if I sincerely and earnestly learn and practice Tai Chi, it would do away my health concerns... and, with that, I would be able to work more energetically and enthusiastically on my dreams...

Today was the first day of my Tai Chi learning. Let me tell you, I not only felt really, really good about myself, I, also, felt sufficiently insured!

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself.” American President Franklin D. Roosevelt had made this famous remark, to inspire a nation gripped by anxiety about future... The onslaught of Great Depression and Second World-War was a reality and hoping and dreaming seemed impossible... Even though he himself was crippled with polio, he led a crippled nation right from his wheel-chair... It was he who had first inspired his folks with the infectious hope: “Happy Days Are Here Again!”

Yes, as dreams and hopes came, the fear died out...

In life, happy days come to us, only through dreaming and hoping...

That’s, in deed, our best insurance cover!

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Kiran Shetty said…
Motivating as always - Kiran Shetty

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...