PLEASE BELIEVE IN YOURSELF MORE THAN YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR GOVERNMENT






Pic.: Umang Pahwa
In life, some things, we can not ignore... One of them is the political climate in which we all live.

Most of us do not like to indulge in party politics, even though we all have our own party affiliations. The beauty of this is: just as we all live here, in this marvelous city, surrounded by people of different religious faiths, we all, also, live so surrounded by people of different political leanings. Just as our leanings when it comes the on-going IPL teams. If ten of us are watching a match, all ten may not root for the same team...

And, that’s how it should be...

I have wonderful neighbors – people from different religious faiths. They belong to different parts of India; they speak different languages, follow different cultures and food habits... They, also, have their own political leanings... and, nothing of these has stopped us from living together as amazing neighbors...

The Lok Sabha-elections verdict is clear: it is going to be BJP Sarkar... Modi Sarkar, to be precise...

Now, will this change the amazing equation I have had, all along, with all my neighbors, friends, relatives, students and their parents? Some of them are ecstatic about the new political wind and some of them are sulking... Just as when our favorite team wins or loses a match...

I am just smiling... I find no difference between the matches and the elections... If I support a certain party, then, when that party wins, I rejoice... When the party I support loses, I go into my cave... Just as the results of matches are, the results of elections, too, are...

Let me be a good sport!

Tomorrow morning, I will have to wake up and leave home for my work at the same time... I will have to work equally hard... Go through the same old hope and anxiety... I have to experience the same old joys and sorrows...

Let me be sensible!

An able and stable government is needed for the country. A government which would govern with a strong mind, a kind heart and, above all, with a vibrant vision... A government which can make all of us feel prosperous and happy, safe and proud in this country... Yes, we need such a government...

If the Modi Sarkar can usher in that, we, certainly, have the good reason to offer him and his government all the support and good wishes... We have the good reason to celebrate, too!

But, because, I have to approach my tomorrow with the same old zest, hope and energy, I tell this to everyone – who rejoice or sulk, today, with the new political wind:

“Please believe in yourself more than you believe in your government to make a difference in your life... to make your life a success!”

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Prakash Nair said…
Beautifully conveyed... Prakash Nair
Anonymous said…
Hope, Mr. Modi lives up to his promise.
-- Dheeraj Patil

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...