WHEN I SKATE WITHOUT FALLING, I FEEL CONFIDENT










Pic.: Anima D'Cunha


BEATING MY NERVOUSNESS AND FEARS
MAKES ME CONFIDENT
- Kashish Chetwani (Age 13 )

I love playing badminton. One day, a friend of mine challenged me for a badminton match. She said, “You cannot win the match.” At that time, my friend was an expert badminton player while I was just a new player. But, I took up her challenge reminding me all the time, “I can do it… It is easy… very, very easy… I can do it.” Then, when the day of the math came, I tried my best and won the match… Everyone appreciated me… I felt very happy, very confident.
I had won the match despite the discouragement… So, it was a big thing for me. If I had become nervous and afraid, I would have never won the match… I would have never felt so confident.
Friends, there are many challenges in our life. We have to face them bravely to become confident…
So, to conclude, I would say, that, beating my nervousness and fears makes me confident in life.



WHEN I SKATE WITHOUT FALLING,
I FEEL CONFIDENT
- Karman Kaur (Age 8 )

When I started learning skating, I was not at all confident… I used to do it on a slippery place and fall again and again. Then, I started skating with my cousin falling less number of times… A week later, I could do skating without falling at all!

So, I am confident in skating, now!


WHEN I MAKE MY FIRST TEN RUNS,
IT MAKES ME CONFIDENT
- Arnav Kulkarni (Age 9)

When I make my first ten runs, it makes me confident…
When I take my first wicket, it makes me confident…
When everyone cheers for me, I feel confident…
When I am with my parents, it makes me feel confident…
When I am with my teammates, it makes me feel confident…
When I am with my friends - particularly my best friend, Dhruv –
it makes me feel confident…



I FELT CONFIDENT WHEN I TOOK PART
IN A STORY-TELLING COMPETITION
- Vinti Tolani (Age 9)

When I was in second standard, one day, our teacher said in the class, “Whoever wants to take part in story-telling competition, please give your name.”
I came home and told about this to my parents. They said, that I should take part in the competition. But, I was a bit scared and told them, that the competition would be very tough. My parents motivated me to take part in the competition… They said, “If you learn and practice it nicely, you can win.”
On the day of the competition, I was selected in the first round for the second. But, it wasn’t my luck that I couldn’t win the prize… Still, I felt good about me for taking part in the competition… I thank my parents for motivating me to do that… for helping me to gain confidence.



THE SUPPORT OF MY PARENTS AND FRIENDS
MAKES ME CONFIDENT
- Manya Bajaj (Age 12)

My passion is Taekwondo. I had a competition… I was very nervous; because, it was my first competition. On the day of the competition, with blue belt, I went and fought. When everyone cheered for me, I got confident and fought well. My sir said, “You played well.” On the result came, I got a bronze medal… I was so happy!
So, the support of my parents and friends’ makes me confident.

(P.S.: These are the impromptu speeches made by our on-going PD-course students on the topic: ‘WHAT MAKES ME CONFIDENT’. I shall be sharing them here on my blog for some days, and they will be published in a book by the same title on 12th June, 2016, the day of the certification.)

GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...