"UNLESS YOU FALL, YOU DON'T BUILD THAT CONFIDENCE IN YOU TO STRIVE TO RISE UP AGAIN"











Pic.: Azriel D'Souza


THE FAILURE MAKES ME CONFIDENT
- Ravinder Kaur Jethra (Age 17)

The fall! The failure! The failure makes me confident… Unless you fall, you don’t build that confidence in you to strive to rise up again.  The courage, the will and the enthusiasm to rise up again make me confident.
The trust that one builds on me - the hope of being a ‘lender of last resort’ - makes me confident.
Confidence is not just about being bold. In my opinion, confidence is an expression of self-ability and self-regard. When I build these qualities, I feel confident. A truly confident person does not feel that he is always right… He is not afraid of being wrong… He doesn’t mind being wrong. He feels finding out what is right is a lot more important than being right, And when he is wrong, he is secure enough to back down graciously.
This guidance was given to me by my family, my parents. Thus, such guidance and help that I receive from my family, my close ones, my friends, my well-wishers and a few lessons that I learn from my enemies have, always, helped me build my confidence.
Moreover, unless and until one does not taste the bitterness of failure and through which build the courage and confidence to rise up again, one may never be able to taste the fruits of success.
Friends, I must conclude, that confidence is not just an expression of the mind and body; but, it is an inner attitude of the soul, too.



WHEN I KNOW MY TARGET AND I AM FOCUSED ON IT,
I SENSE THE CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF
- Prajval B. Patel. (Age 16)


I am going to share with you what makes me confident.
Confidence is something really necessary in one’s life.
When I know my target and I am focused on it, I sense the confidence in myself… just like the great archer, Arjuna, had felt when he aimed at his target.
I am, also, filled with confidence when I see successful people and am inspired by them. That’s when my heart says, “Yes! I can do it.”
When my parents support me and motivate me, I feel confident.
When someone says that I am capable of achieving my goals… those words make me feel more confident.
When I succeed in doing something that I have never done before, such as archery and adventure sports like river-crossing, my confidence instantly boosts up.
When I am applauded by an audience, my confidence level increases.
And, finally, my dear friends, when I achieve my aim and I am appreciated by my parents, friends or mentors, I reach Cloud 9… and I see a great impetus in my self-confidence.


CONFIDENCE IS SOMETHING YOU CREATE WITHIN YOURSELF BY BELIEVING IN WHO YOU ARE
- Prakrutee Shroff (Age 12)

Confidence is something you create within yourself by believing in who you are.
There are many things which build up my confidence. I would love to share a few of them here…
When my parents motivate me, it makes me confident.
In my bad times, when my friends give courage to face my problems boldly, it makes me confident.
All the motivational videos build up my confidence.
When I know I am right, it builds up my confidence.
And, when someone appreciates me, it boosts up my confidence.

 (P.S.: These are the impromptu speeches made by our on-going  PD-course students on the topic: ‘WHAT MAKES ME CONFIDENT’. I shall be sharing them here on my blog for some days and they will be published in a book by the same title on 12th June, 2016, the day of the certification.)

GERLAD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...