EACH AND EVERY SMALL TASK WHICH LETS ME OVERCOME MY FEARS









Pic.: George A.  D'Souza




CONFIDENCE LIES IN 
EACH AND EVERY SMALL TASK 
WHICH LETS ME OVERCOME MY FEARS
- Janhavi Gupta (Age 17)

Confidence is a very complex concept to describe. Confidence cannot be bought or borrowed from somewhere… We need to build it up in ourselves. The source of inspiration to boost confidence is different for different people. But, one can develop it with time and, of course, with hope and attitude of never giving up.

Initially, I had fear of travelling. But, in order to overcome my fear, I tried pushing myself for it and, now, I have gained enough confidence to travel across Mumbai alone…

That moment, when I realize, that I have overcome my fear, I feel full of confidence… and, I feel very happy, too. Going for college camps, living away from parents and not being dependent on others make me confident…

When I get appreciated, motivated and inspired by others… it makes me confident…

I am afraid of Maths. So, whenever I get the correct answer, it excites me and it boosts my confidence.

Actually, for me, confidence lies in each and every small task which lets me overcome my fears. If we are not confident enough to do a certain work, then, doing that work does not seem worth it. Without confidence, we cannot achieve success.


WHEN I REALIZE, 
THAT I CAN MAKE FOOD AT HOME,
IT MAKES ME FEEL CONFIDENT.
- Pratham Talreja (Age 9)


Being with family and friends makes me confident.

When I finish my task on time and perfectly, it makes me confident.

When I win in sports, it makes me confident.

Above all, when I realize, that I can make food at home, it makes me feel confident.
Yes, making tasty meal of dal and rice has taken my confidence to a greater level.

And, when my mentor, Gerry sir, appreciated my work in the field of cooking (dal-rice),
it was like the icing on the cake!

Yes, cooking makes me confident.



WHEN I KNOW MY MISTAKES,
IT BUILDS UP MY CONFIDENCE
- Simran Shroff (Age 15)

When my dad encourages me, I feel confident.
Whenever my parents or my sister says, “You can do it,”
it builds up my confidence.
When I know my mistakes, it builds up my confidence.



WHEN I WRITE DOWN MY THOUGHTS,
I FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT MYSELF
- Palak Jagwani (Age 13)


I think, I feel confident when I learn to sit, stand, walk and talk well.

When I write down my thoughts, I feel confident about myself.

I feel confident when my mom talks with me
and gives me knowledge of new things happening around me.

The day I started going alone, I had gained confidence in myself.

My confidence level grew up
when I started looking after the shop in my mom’s absence.


NOW, YOU ARE CONFIDENT
- Jeevna Kaur Mandan (Age 9)

Once, I went to my badminton class al alone.
My mother left me in the class and said,
“Now, you are confident.”
I could manage to play badminton all alone.

(P.S.: These are the impromptu speeches made by our on-going PD-course students on the topic: ‘WHAT MAKES ME CONFIDENT’. I shall be sharing them here on my blog for some days, and they will be published in a book by the same title on 12th June, 2016, the day of the certification.)

GERALD D’CUNHA 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...