"BEING ON THE RIGHT PATH MAKES ME FEEL CONFIDENT"









Pic.: Barkha Manik

BEING ON THE RIGHT PATH
MAKES ME FEEL CONFIDENT
Mahima Tahiliani (Age 14)

Being confident is a very important aspect in one’s life. We, always, need to have faith in ourselves to be confident.
There are many things that boost up my self-confidence. Motivation and appreciation are two things that help me to be confident. The love, support and care shown towards me by my parents make me confident. The most important thing that gives me self-confidence is when I am on the right path. If I am on the wrong path, I will ultimately lose my confidence… Because, I know that I am wrong.
Therefore, it is really important to have a right conduct and the right actions; and, to ensure this, we, also, need to be under the right guidance.



CONFIDENCE IS AN ABSTRACT NOUN
Dhruv Chug (Age 12)

To me, confidence is an abstract noun which gives me the courage to do a task without any fear. It gives me power to do the task with faith and energy. Let me share with you an incident based on this…

I am passionate about cycling since a very young age. When I was about 9 years, I asked my parents if I could cycle on the road as I had got bored cycling in my building. My father suggested me that they would walk behind me and I had to stop whenever a crossing came and wait for them, As they would come to the crossings, they would teach me how to cross a road following traffic rules. So, I started to cycle 10-12 kms on road, confidently, following traffic rules.

From this incident, I sum up, that I feel confident when I discuss any task with my parents and get their approval to do it. So, finally, confidence to me is that my parents are always there behind me, to take care of me  if I fall.



BEING PUNCTUAL
MAKES ME FEEL CONFIDENT
Vishakha Kukreja (Age 13)

“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear
and get a record of successful experiences behind you.”
- William Jennings Bryan

Being punctual makes me feel confident.

Knowing something that others do not know makes me feel confident.

When I stand first in sports, I feel confident.

My mom always keeps telling me that a good posture makes us look confident. Practising it really makes me look confident.

Working on a schedule is difficult for me; but, when I achieve it, I am confident.

Someone appreciating me, also, makes me feel confident… and I am sure, that everyone gets that feeling.

When I wear my new clothes, I feel confident.

When I score full marks in my favorite subjects, I feel confident.

My parents are hardworking, honest, helpful and self-dependent…  Seeing this makes me confident.

 (P.S.: These are the impromptu speeches made by our on-going PD-course students on the topic: ‘WHAT MAKES ME CONFIDENT’. I shall be sharing them here on my blog for some days and they will be published in a book by the same title on 12th June, 2016, the day of the certification.)

GERLAD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...