IF PRACTICE SHOULD MAKE US PERFECT

 



“Practice doesn’t make perfect;

it reduces imperfection.”

Toba Beta

 

I doubt, only practice makes any of us perfect. Yes, practice makes us perfect in any work, only if we do it with all our hearts… If we love the work we do…  If we are passionate about it.

Perhaps, that’s what differentiates between the ‘hard work’ and the ‘smart work’…

Smart work, invariably, has the heart factor in our work. If we do anything with all our hearts, we shall, certainly,  find enough energy and motivation to work harder, longer, faster and more productively.  Importantly, we shall do it with our own initiative… without being pushed or coaxed to do it… Without worrying about the time we spend on it and the incentives we get from it. Yes, we shall willingly go the extra-mile… And, that’s what smart work is all about.

 



Many of us, regularly, like and share videos of achievers. Obviously, we wouldn’t do it unless we are inspired by them. One thing is certain, here: that, we do not intend to make our marks in the fields of these achievers. For example, I was incredibly inspired by the following video:




What I am trying to tell you is, that, not even in my wildest dreams, I desire to do ice-skating in my life, leave alone like this German Olympians… I did not even know who they were… I just randomly came across this video and simply got floored by it. And, therefore, I am sharing it with you here, and talking about it so highly…

But, then, what is my take away?

Last night, I found myself wondering aloud: Is not the success principle same for ice-skating and for what I do here and you do there… Whatever it is? Are we not supposed to be passionate about our own ‘ice-skatings’? Is it possible for any of us to excel in our fields without hard and long practice? And, how can we motivate ourselves to practice so hard, with such dedication, unless we are passionate about it – our ‘ice-skatings’?



 

Dilip Kumar has just passed away. But, this acting legend has not only inspired the actors who came after him – Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and so on – he has inspired many, many, many others, like you and me. The fine nuances of his acting skill – famously called ‘Method School of Acting’ – didn’t come to him from any acting school… He honed them on his own - by his passion, practice and perseverance. But, by all certainty, he, too, must’ve found his inspiration from legends from different fields… A great actor may find his inspiration from any ‘ice-skater’, you see… Any!




That’s what I have tried to convey in this Post…

Hope, I have succeeded…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s.: pixabay

Videos: 1. Olympics 2. Mehtab DBI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...