AMAZING GRACE...



Yes, I woke up this morning…

This is the greatest miracle in my life.

Some how, I never think it is…

I think, that I am ‘entitled’ to wake up, each morning…

That, it is my ‘right’.


Last nigh, my heart was heavy…

I was angry and bitter with someone.

It was supposed to be the last thought

I would carry to my bed…

It was consuming me like hell-fire.

My mind was arguing with my heart - “You are right.”


Yes, I might have been ‘right’…

And the other person

Might have deserved all my rage and ranting.

But, that did not help me to go to bed like a little child;

My heart did not want a justification for my bitterness…

It wanted a healing kiss.


I went by my heart…

Without even blinking, I sent a message to the person:

‘I am sorry’…

With no strings attached.


I also sent a couple of loving messages

To those who I missed…


“Who knows,” my heart throbbed, “Tomorrow may not come.”


One more morning… One more miracle…


Amazing Grace! Amazing Grace!


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

VIREN MEHTA said…
Dear sir, it is a very touching poem. Felt like calling someone right away to say, "I am sorry."

Thanks a lot.

Viren
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Viren. I am happy that u liked the post.

Keep reading.

Love, GERRY
Himali said…
Sir, it a heart touch poem and i love it thanks a lot sir u inspire me alot.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Himali.

I am glad this poem has helped ,u.

Do keep reading... and comment, too.

Love, Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...