SOME THINGS IN LIFE HAVE TO WAIT...



Y
es, some things in my life can always wait...
And some things can not.

My parents would, often, remind me of this...
But then, I always took what they said for granted...

I wanted some things NOW!


Yes, some things in my life had to happen when they had to...

Including some of my mistakes, and the hard blows from them.

"Sweet heart," my parents had told me,
"Wait for the drizzle till the Monsoon comes."

They had told me, "Wait for the dreams till the night comes."

I thought they did not want me to be happy Now...
I thought they did not understand my heart's needs...


So, I sought drizzle in a hot summer...

I longed to dream before the night would come.

I only came out bruised and bleeding...


But then, there was a drizzle of another kind -
Right in the midst of hot , hot summer...

I saw dreams of another kind -
Right with my eyes wide open!

I saw the skies and heard a 'voice',
Which, perhaps, I would never, ever have heard in my sleep.


A weight fell off my heart...

I felt light and liberated.
"If the choices were mine, the bruises belong to me," I reasoned.
But, by now, I knew that the bruises caused pain
Only when I blamed.

I had no one to blame... not even myself.

"I did the right thing... if the lessons I learnt are right," I declared.


My parents are happy because I am 'back' in their fold...

I would have never understood the voices of their hearts
Without the rebellion of my own.


It is all good, then...

Waiting is sublime...

The drizzle of a July month is like the 'Manna' from heaven...

The dreams I see in my sleep
Can not be replaced by my day dreams...
Never.


Yes, some things have to happen when they have to...
And, some things in my life have to wait.


I would have never known this
Without some bruises and pain.


Life is mine... It is glorious!


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

VISHAKA HEGDE said…
Hi sir, this is really a very, very touching piece of writing. There is so much depth in it... I feel like reading it over and over again. It is so relatable to my life, I can see so much connection!!!!

Thank u sir. Pl keep writing!

..Vishaka Hegde
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Vishaka, do read it over and over again... if u feel so.

Yes, it is very relatable... very connecting for all of us.

Love, Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...