LIKE THOSE ANGELS...



Mountains fascinate me…
I find them stunningly beautiful, glorious!
They inspire awe in my soul… romance in my heart…
And cause goose bumps all over my body.

But, that is when I observe the mountains
Standing far, far away from them.
Yes, the mountains look majestic only from a distance!

People in my life are no different from the mountains.
No matter how significant they are in my life,
I need that distance
To see, value and appreciate their beauty, their glory.
I do not like to be intimidated by the mountains…
And, when I try to get too close to them,
I end up feeling intimidated… even threatened and hurt.

I do not like to be intimidated by people in my life, either…
Oh yes, they are so wonderful…
They are so precious in my life!
Still, still… I need that distance –
That space – to feel and value...
The warmth of their hearts…
I have to come out of their embrace
To realize how magical that moment was…

Yes, only the distance can do that!

Nobody likes to live on a snow-capped mountain…
It is too cold out there,
Too lonely!

There are meadows…
There are planes…
There are even deserts…

Beauty exists only in the realm of distance.
Like those stars.
Like those angels.
Like that God… who they say lives in Heaven!


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Pooja Gupta said…
Thank you so much Sir..I do not know why I feel exactly same what you have written..People in my life are mountains and I need the distance..This is what I'm trying to explain at my home but I can't put across in such nice words as you have done it here!!
Sir, if you don't mind can I use your post on my facebook as status so that I can tell my people what I feel..
Take good care & regards,
Pooja
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hey Pooja, come on... what is 'mine' in this post. What I have written is an age-old universal truth... which we all know yet keep forgetting. Possibly, I have only 'reminded' about that truth... yes, in 'my own' words, and way. If that is what is 'mine' so be it.

Pl feel free to put it on ur FB. However, I want u to mention about this blog there... so that it will benefit many who interact with u on ur FB. In fact, u all must do that 'service' to ur old teacher. My wish is to touch people, the way I have been gifted to, thru this medium. Kindly help me out there...

Rest is all an illusion. We take nothing when we go.... No one has, ever!

Thans, Pooja...

Love, Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...