GOOD DEEDS ARE GOOD SEEDS

















Losing faith in the goodness of Life… comes easily to us. When the chips are up – when weather is fair – yes, it is easy to believe, that Life is good… God is kind… People are trustworthy.

But, when the chips are down – when weather is stormy, uncertain – no, sir… Life doesn’t seem all that good… God doesn’t seem all that merciful… and, people don’t seem trustworthy…

Well, this is how the seesaw called ‘Living’ has been, and will be… always.

Hope holds…

Imagine Life without Hope!



For some days now, I have been telling myself this: “Good deeds are good seeds!”

The Law of Karma… “In Life, you reap what you sow!”

Yes, for many days now, my eyes are able to see the harvest of the seeds I had sown years and years ago… My mind is able to see the connection… My heart is able to rejoice…

And, when this is going on inside me, I find myself crying with all my conviction: “Hark, Life is good… God is kind… and people are trustworthy…

And, I, also, see one more movement within me: I realize how easily I lose faith in the goodness of Life, in the kindness of God and in the trustworthiness of people around me…

Good times help us deal with our bad ones… They, also, help us sustain our faith…




We need good times… 


We need calm seas to sail…


We need bright skies to show us our way…




I, really, wonder: What if my Life was filled only with turmoil? What if the sky was eternally dark?

God is kind… and people, around, are trustworthy… Life is good. Great!

So, I keep getting the message within: “Continue to do good deeds… Continue to sow good seeds…”

The more, the better…

Life has hope when you sow loads and loads of good seeds as you walk along… Just trusting, with all your heart.



It is not in the nature of Sky to remain dark and gloomy, always…

Seas, too, don’t like to remain stormy, forever…

People around me like to be trustworthy more and more and more often…

God is what He is…

And, so is Life!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Anand Ashokan


Comments

Yash said…
Good deeds sir that u have been plowing! May God bless.
. Yash
Anonymous said…
Very well explained. .. Joel

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...