LORD, GRANT ME A LITTLE MORE PATIENCE...






















If God asks me today, on my 55th birthday, “Son, what gift do you long for?” my plea would be:

“Lord, please grant me a little more patience.”

As years roll by, like sunsets on the West, it becomes clearer to me that patience can bring so much in my life.

In fact, as the old wisdom tells us, if patience is there, we really don’t need much in life.



Things don’t, always, go my way…

People around me don’t behave, always, the way I expect them to…

My hard-work, commitment, honesty, good intentions… don’t, always, yield good results…

Health of my dear ones, and my own, do cause in my heart concern…

There are financial concerns…

There are nasty and ungrateful people…

The heart and the mind are, very often, in conflict…

Projects don’t take off in time… and conclude too…

The colleagues don’t show the same passion and commitment which I do…

Respect doesn’t come, always, where I expect it from…

Arguments suck me in, like quicksand, even though I do not want to be…

Things, sometimes, happen exactly the opposite way…

People, sometimes, desert exactly when I want them the most…

Yes, you think it is your b’day… a very special day…

But, then, what is in store for you is what has been there for you, always…

So, you better learn, the hard way, to find newness in the old… a new meaning, a new beauty…

And, you better be grateful...

But, how? How do you do that?

Today, it becomes clearer and clearer as the wishes pour in – that, to find a new meaning and a new beauty, I need to have a little more patience…

I get convinced, yes more and more, that, with patience comes… so much in Life.

So, I ask God, “Lord, grant me, today, a little more patience.”

And, I believe, that would be enough to take care of the rest of my life… Whatever lease period still left for me…



Thank you Lord for being kind…
 

Thank you friends for being there.




Love, wishes and gratitude.



GERALD D’CUNHA



Pic.Vimmi Batra




Comments

Anonymous said…
Very honest post. keep writing and many happy returns of the day.

Laxmi
Usha Suvarna said…
As usual, inspiring. Happy b'day! Usha
Venugopal said…
Touching!!!!!!!! Venu

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...