FOR A MOTHER, HER CHILDREN WILL, ALWAYS, BE 'CHILDREN'


















Today is my mom’s birthday. She has turned 78. In a couple of weeks from today, I shall be turning 55. She lives in my hometown, Mangalore, with my elder brother’s family. So, I just called up to wish her a very happy birthday… and, of course, to seek her blessings.

One of the amazing mysteries in life is, that, for a mother - no matter how old she becomes – her children will, always, remain ‘children’. They never grow up!

And, equally amazing is the other side of this mystery. That, for her children – no matter how old they become – their mother shall, always, remain the greatest care-taker and source of strength in life…

I hope, my generalization, here, is not a misplaced judgment on my part… I have been thinking too often on this subject and I have been asking aloud, almost awe-struck by the mystery: “Why do mothers remain such powerful forces in our lives… even till we die?”

Well, I will not go deep into this mystery… Let the mystery be… For, the more you try to uncover or understand mysteries in life, you tend to sound less human… 

May the mystery around our mothers live long…




May she remain, eternally, 

a caring, loving, giving, sacrificing, 

mending and empowering soul…



Strength is sought by humans…

Love, care, protection is sought by humans…

Inspiration is sought by humans…

Hence, the more we remain human, the more we would revere our mothers… And, even if she is aged now and needs us – her well grown-up sons and daughters - for support, she will never cease to amaze us… 

Deep down, along the valleys of our hearts, the mother shall live on to keep the child in us alive… and make us smile, cry, laugh, wonder, worry, care, protect, provide… and, yes, yes, inspire. Touch!

And, yes, yes… no matter who we are – the Presidents of mighty nations or corporations… or,  just some simple-humble bees…

This Post is to my dearest mom… For keeping me eternally amazed… simple, humble and strong…

With my love, wishes and prayers… And, most of all, with my profound respect and gratitude!


P.S.: I have, always, loved this beautiful song by Celine Dion. Incidentally, Celine is my mom's name, too. So, here I go:







GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vimmi Batra
Video coutesy: YouTube

Comments

Gurmeet Singh said…
Very moving... made me cry! Beautiful song of Dion is the icing on the cake. Keep writing.
Gurmeet
Urmila Kanade said…
Tender and touching!.... Urmila
Tina Sharma said…
A fitting tribute to mothers! - Tina
Anonymous said…
You tell such ordinary things in life sin such extra-ordinary way, amazing!!!!! Olga

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...