ONLY OUR HEARTS KNOW THE REASONS





















We need to express our gratitude to people in our lives… and we need to do it spontaneously, most sincerely… and, without any fuss around it.

The reasons to say a ‘Thank you’ can be very personal… Only our hearts know them.

CPT results are out, today. Anmol, a very confident and bright girl, somehow, couldn't clear it in her last attempt. Maths used to be her Achilles’ heel. So, referred by a dear friend of mine, she approached me for June attempt. She just sent me a very spontaneous word of gratitude, “Sir, I have cleared CPT…. Thank you for everything.”

What’s so great about it?

Well, Anmol’s heart can tell you that… And, tear my heart to know what it wants to tell!

Just an hour before that, Anurag, a friend of mine, who runs his family business, called me. He wanted to thank me for sending Deepa, a very deserving, financially-deprived, fresh graduate to work in their firm. “Sir, she is really brilliant, hardworking and teachable,” Anurag informed me, “I wanted to tell you this… Thank you.”

Big deal?

Not at all…

Except, that, for Anurag and me… it is!

Last evening I was busy teaching. Renita, who had done Public Speaking with us in last summer, had sent a sms, which I could read after my lecture: “Sir, I had my first presentation in college today,” she wrote, “I did well and the class applauded for me. This wouldn’t have been possible if I hadn’t attended Public Speaking, I do see the confidence in me, now. Thank you sir. Renita.”

No sir, not a big deal, at all…

Only, that, it was a very special feeling for our young-student… and, equally special feeling for us, too…

And, I did say that to Renita, right away!

On Sunday evening, as I was walking into the theater to watch “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, I saw a message on my cell. This was another young college-girl. “Sir I have been doing Accounts today… and loving it,” the young-one said, “Suddenly, I felt like thanking you. Thank you sir!”

Now, what do you call such things?




Heart says, “Do it,”… and, you simply do it…


So simple it is… Yet, so beautiful!



But, sir, we don’t do it… At least, not often.

And, what made me write about it, here, of all the things that have happened today?

Chanda, a dear student, who had learnt from me some twenty-three years ago, sent a message on FB. “Thanks Gerry Sir. I keep reading your quotes (Posts) and, as usual, they are most inspiring. I still remember the one that was put in the class and I have used this in my life until now… and will always do: "Even in darkness, light dawns... for those who believe"…

This was the immediate trigger…

My heart said, “Write about it…”

I just did.



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Anand Ashokan




Comments

Manoj Hegde said…
Just simple and heart-warming. Thank you sir. Manoj
Anonymous said…
Nice post. Thanks for inspiring.
-- Kushi
Lata Naik said…
Need to say it more and more to be happy in life....... Lata

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...