THE GRACE UNDER PRESSURE













Last night, I couldn’t watch the full match – India V Sri Lanka finals in West Indies. India had to score 202; and, though it was a small score from Sri Lanka, the pitch and the tight bowling from Lankan bowlers had made the task tough for India. I watched the first ten overs, and, then, went off to sleep.

What had happened finally, I learnt through my FB friends, this morning… when everyone was showering praises upon praises on M.S. Dhoni. Yes, that’s the time, I got curious and checked on YouTube as to what had really happened.

My admiration for Dhoni grew  hundred notches higher, instantly!

What a man… What a player… What a captain… What poise… What clarity… What a die-hard determination!

How does this man maintain his cool, his clarity? How does he manage to hold his nerves when everything and anyone around him - the entire world, in deed – is on fire, unable to even breath, see or think?

I am really amazed, awe-struck!

Not many are blessed with such a steely mind and a brave heart. Leading from the front comes not so easily to all the leaders… A few captains have played the so-called ‘Captain’s Knock’ the way MS has played… Not many players have been able to clinch away to a sensational victory a losing match from the hands of the opponents… MS has done it umpteen times… and, done with mighty grit and amazing grace…

My salutations to this hero!



I have very volatile nerves… Under pressure, I get stressful. I lose my calm easily; I become incredibly nervous… and lose my poise and clarity. I get worked up, scared and agitated… I get tensed and go into a panic mode…

Maybe, that’s one reason why I express my dilemmas through my blog posts, everyday… Yes, because I have these touchy and edgy nerves…

Perhaps, that’s, also, the reason for my ceaseless interest in helping young-ones to speak well on stage… Because, when I help them, I find help for myself… Teaching is twice learning… It is.




The ancient Law of Attraction says, 

“What you deeply admire, you attract.”




I hope, my deep admiration of MS for his grace-under-pressure will not escape this law…

Even a small shadow will do!










GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vimmi Batra

Video: YouTube




Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice phrase that is: Grace under pressure! Sheela
Umesh Nayak said…
One of a kind player; captain cool!
Umesh
Vijaya Nair said…
Grace personified, my hero too! MSD is gritty, worth emulating. Great post Gerry. Vijaya
Anonymous said…
Not hundred years; it deserves to be there for a thousand years! Thanks sir.
----- Jhalak

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...