JUST STAND THERE, STILL... DO NOTHING
















This is an old advice: While crossing a busy street, look on all sides. If you find yourself in a chaotic or a panic situation, just stand there, still. Just don’t move… Do nothing.

I, often, do that right in the middle of a traffic-infested street… when I cannot figure out to which direction I should move… move forward, backward or sidewards. Yes, when I am confronted by this confusion, this madness on the street. I, suddenly, decide to freeze there, and do nothing…

And, invariably, the trick works…

The traffic moves past me… The way becomes clear… and, I move where I had set for!

And, the same trick comes handy to me in the midst of my daily life… this daily frantic rush… when pressures from all sides send me on a panic mode… when my mind fails to decide how to clear past this traffic, this clutter… this madness…

Yes, heeding to the old advice, I, suddenly, decide to stand there, still… Freeze… Do nothing!

Believe me, it works…

The traffic moves past me… The way becomes clear… And, I move where I had set for!



Panic and confusion are contagious… They spread swiftly and drag everyone around in the net… Just the way I confuse the motorists by my confusion in the middle of the street, I confuse people around me in my daily life… 




So, my stillness does it… 

Yes, it does, often.



It is safer and saner to keep off your tools, sometimes… and, just do nothing…

Yes, including those things, which you really thought you would not be able to survive without doing…

Do nothing, sometimes…

Just be there, still!



GERALD D’CUNHA



Pic.: Anand Ashokan


Comments

Rahul Dey said…
Yes sir, the trick does works even now for me. Great piece!

------ Rahul Dey
Yash Suvarna said…
Brilliant post, Gerry! Yash
Pooja Shetty said…
I have done that many times, it works. Pooja
Anonymous said…
Keep writing Gerry. You inspire.
- Kunal
Anonymous said…
Keep writing Gerry. You inspire.
- Kunal

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...