MOST OF MY FEARS ARE BASELESS

















Most of my fears are just baseless!

They haunt my mind because of my own assumptions, presumption, interpretations… and my unexamined beliefs.

Often, it takes a hard look at my fears - a look into the eye of my fears, directly – to do away with them…

Often, acceptance of some well-meant advice of a caring soul around…

Often, some patience and poise in my heart not to jump to conclusions… not to declare my own self-fulfilling prophesies…

Often, some trust in the goodness of Life and kindness of our Lord…

Often, some simple humility to lean on someone’s shoulders…

All fears are not real… They are just like ghosts… who rule only in the darkness, and, yes, only inside the unattended houses!

Humans and ghosts very, very rarely live in the same houses… And, we never hear about ghosts moving around in broad daylight!

My mind is my house… When bright thoughts reside there, when light of faith and prayer keep it guarded, the ghost called Fear dares not to sneak into my mind, my house.

So, where should I begin?

Perhaps, right here, right now…Certain fears are trying to walk into my house, right now… I can feel the shiver, the doubt… the darkness…





Perhaps, a hard, direct stare 

right into the eye of the fear…




I can see and feel the smile in my heart…

I am afraid of the tiger…

But, am I afraid of him because he is there right in front of me?

Or, am I afraid of him… even though he is very tightly locked in the cage in front of me?

Or, am I simply sweating and shivering… even when he is not there at all – just thinking about him… just imagining?



Yes sir, most of my fears are just baseless!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vivek D'Cunha








Comments

Hussain said…
I am inspired, calmed down. thax. Hussin
Anonymous said…
Fear is the only thing we should fear as the famous quote goes. Nutan
Girish Apte said…
Liked the way you have connected our fears to ghosts... Brilliant!!!! keep writing sir.
----- Girish Apte
Viresh Dhir said…
Need more articles like this to keep us motivated. Love... Viresh
Anonymous said…
Sir, Fear is the key, the source of all worries... Sushil
Anonymous said…

Swami Dayananda says - ' Say a few times aloud - I welcome fear of fear'!
It does not mean you will have no fears anymore but you will not be paralyzed by it anumore!
I have tried it and sure - it works!
Anonymous said…
Swami Dayananda says - "Say a few times aloud - I welcome fear of fear'!
It does not mean you will have no fears anymore but you will not be paralyzed by it anymore!
I have tried it and sure - it works!

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...