IS THE RIDE BUMPY TODAY? YES SIR, IT IS.






Life, like our Mumbai roads, is bumpy. I leave home expecting the ride to be smooth… but, what I find is… it is not. Yes, mostly it is not.

So, what do I do?

I yell, curse… swear. Even self pity!

This happens almost every day for me.  Like most around me, I too expect my day to be smooth… I do wish to others, “Have a nice day”… and others, too, wish the same to me…

Does the day go nice for all of us?

Well, when we don’t find ourselves in the thick of the ‘life-traffic’, we are able to smile… But, when we are ‘there’ - the smile doesn’t come easily…

Irritation does… frustration and disappointment do… Anger and depressed feelings do…

And, we all know that we are not alone in this bus… on this bumpy road!

Two of Harivamshrai Bachchan’s lines his illustrious son, Amitabh Bachchan, keeps recalling from every platform. When it comes to this bumpy road called Life, Amitabh has seen worse than most of have… Still, when asked as to what keeps him going, with such sanity and grace, he recalls his father’s two guiding principles…

“Jab tak jeevan hai, sangharsh hai”… As long as there is life, there is struggle.”
“Mann ka ho toh accha… Na ho toh aur bhi acha”… If what we get is what we wish for, it is good… If it is not, it is better.

Is the ride bumpy today?... Yes sir, it is… Life is on, Life is alive!!

Has Life given me today what I had wished for… the ‘good stuff’? No sir, Life hasn’t … But, then, is it not ‘better’?


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Chetna Shetty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...