YES, EVERYTHING IS A GIFT FROM GOD

 



“Extraordinary things are always hiding in places

people never think to look.”

Jodi Picoult

 

This morning, while our teacher was guiding us through the meditative Tai Chi session (online), I suddenly became aware of my breath… my heart… my lungs… my spleen… my liver… and, my kidneys! 

I am 63…

I have been knowing about the role my breath and these organs played in my life. I have been writing about them – particularly the heart and breath – in my writings, so often. Still, this morning, when our Tai Chi teacher guided us to rub rigorously our palms, and place them gently over each of these important organs of our body –  heart, lungs, spleen, liver and kidneys… to feel their presence, to thank them profusely… to caress them with the smiling, loving and healing energy of the Mother Nature… yes, as I was doing it, this morning, with a striking awareness, I could see an overwhelming feeling in my being…

Breath felt anew…

Heart felt childlike…

Spleen and liver… They really made me realize, for the first time, that God had hidden them on the left side and the right side of my navel… and, they had a massive role to play in my well-being…

Lungs – Oh! I remembered how critical they were as I battled for each breath while on the Ventilator of a hospital… The condition was known as ‘Pulmonary Embolism’ – yes, it’s a revelation to me!

The last of the organs, which our Tai Chi teacher stationed us over, were our kidneys! To feel our kidneys – to thank them, send them the smiling, loving and healing energy of the Mother Nature – we had to place our palms at the back, where they rested… Suddenly, I could sense the overwhelming feeling growing more intense in my bosoms… I could feel the absence of my right kidney… Three years ago, it was surgically removed, for the cancerous tumour which had come to grow over it…

I became so thankful…

For cancer having not spread to the rest of my body… for the left kidney being in good health…

For being saved…

For the mercy of God - the mother Nature - as our Tai Chi teacher would call…

 




Everything God has given us is simply a gift – a benevolence. That includes the kidney that I have lost and the kidney that I am left with… Everything – heart, lungs, spleen, liver, kidneys – yes, we take all of them for granted… till we come to lose them, miss them, value them… be grateful for them…

Jodi Picoult’s words come to my mind: “Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.”

Today, after the Tai Chi session, I happened to read a message from a dear one who lived abroad. She had complimented me for the ‘amazing blogs’ that, she said, had been regularly reading. “You write straight from the heart… I firmly believe, that it’s the small things that make a big difference in life.”

I doubly became aware of the role my heart played in my life!





Everything is a gift from God… my happiest and my saddest tears included…

Nothing is a waste… Nothing is ‘small’…

If we are able to place our palms gently over… and feel them, be grateful for them… send the smiling, loving and healing energy of Mother Nature…

Only then will we be able to find the most amazing things hidden in the most unlikely places… and be able to see the extraordinary beauty in the seemingly ordinary things!

 

GERAD D’CUNHA

Pic’s: pixabay

Video: Andre Rieu/Sergei Egorov

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...