IF HEART FEELS SAD, HURT OR LET DOWN

 



“Something opens our wings.

Something makes boredom and hurt disappear.

Someone fills the cup in front of us:

We taste only sacredness.”

Rumi

 

It’s tough to please everyone. In fact, when we recognize the tendency in us to please everyone around us – with the hope of making them happy – we, often, sense the stress in us. It’s an unnecessary weight – self-inflicted.

In this Post, let me confine myself to that innate need in us to do good to people around us.

Sounds familiar?

We are humans… social beings. We have our near and dear ones. So, we tend to stretch ourselves – go beyond our bounds – to help others, do good to others… And, I do not have to say this: that’s what we are expected to do in our relationships…

Here comes the hard question: Are we, also, ‘expected to expect’ appreciation and gratitude from those who we reach out?

Do we expect these from them?





At this moment, if my heart is feeling sad, hurt or let down, perhaps, I have been silently expecting someone – a near and dear one – to show some genuine appreciation and gratitude. Else, why should I feel sad, hurt or let down?

Yes, there may be other reasons. But, I know why – right at this moment - I am feeling sad, hurt and let down: Someone – a near and dear one – hasn’t shown appreciation or gratitude for the good I have done for his/her happiness… “Who told you to do so?” “So what?”… Do I just self-play them in my mind? Or, do these cold statements are being really voiced out?

We do good to others… and, that’s something good; something we should…

But, as a mortal, I still expect the one whom I do good to show some appreciation and gratitude. I am trying by best to do good and throw it into the sea… “Neki karo daria me dalo”!

I am trying to… I am learning to!




Meanwhile, I am able to find some solace in Rumi’s words:

“Something opens our wings.

Something makes boredom and hurt disappear.

Someone fills the cup in front of us:

We taste only sacredness.”

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s.: pixabay

Video: Yanni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...