AM I IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD?














 







It is months now, I haven't watched  the daily news on TV or heard on Radio. We have a TV and a Radio, by the way. I have also not read newspaper for over two months now. Times of India comes daily to our door.


So, I have no idea what is happening around... who killed whom, who robbed whom, who cheated whom, who loved whom, who deserted whom, who kidnapped whom, who raped whom... Or, which minister was caught taking bribes or his pants down... or which company made how much, which IPL team is on top and which is out... Yes, I have no idea what has happened to the world?


There was a time, I would find it difficult to survive without news. I had to watch, listen to or read. 


And now, months have gone by, I have not watched, listened to or read it...


What difference has it made in my life?


Am I less 'informed'? Am I less equipped to deal with this world? Am I in a less advantageous position compared to the ones who are perfectly updated?


I don't see any difference as far as the above parameters are concerned...


But, I see this difference:

I feel good about myself, because, I have learnt to survive without one of my 'addictions'... One of my 'compulsions'.


I have learnt to trust in the kind Universe which protects, rules, blesses...


I have learnt to be less 'opinionated'... less judgmental about how things 'should be' in this world... 


I have gone to bed without the gory images on TV, the poison, the turmoil... the arguments...




I have realized, that,


 whether I am in touch with 


what is happening in the world or not -


has no bearing on what is happening out there...



I have been less reactive, less panic-stricken...


I have realized, that without me,  the world goes on... and, wonderfully!











There is a world inside me...

I have never visited this world enough... I need to.

I need to be in touch with what is happening in this world...

Yes, I need to.



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: 1.
         2. Lionel Saldanha










Comments

Uttam Kumar said…
This post really made me sit up and think. Such a waste sometimes... such an addiction!

Thanks, Gerry.

Uttam Kumar
Anonymous said…
Never thought of it before, sir!!! Thanks.

= Aruna

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...