THE DESIRE TO BE CLEANSED






Will fear go from my life? Will anger go? Will jealousy go? Will insecurity and greed go? Will lust and guilt go?


Well, if these weren’t present in me, I wouldn’t have asked these questions, here…


And, if they hadn’t bogged me down, I wouldn’t have bothered about them…


Yes, because my life has all of them – fear, anger, greed, lust, jealousy and insecurity… because my well-being and confidence are hugely affected by them… I, frequently, ask the questions: “Will they go?”… “Will my life be free from all these ‘demons’?”…”Will I be confident, happy?”

In life, some things are certain: Every tunnel has to have an end… Every dark cloud has to have a silver lining. Yes, every thought of despair should promise me hope… Fear should promise me courage… Lust, greed, jealousy and insecurity should promise me freedom… Anger should bring the promise of compassion…


Death has to promise me Life…


Hell has to promise me Heaven…


Yes, these are some certainties of life.


Nothing escapes this…


To be clean… my soul has to be saddled with muck…


Only then, will come in me the desire to be cleansed… to rise above the muck…


Oh yes, yes! Like Lotus does. In muck it is born… the root, the stem… everything is nursed by muck, the ugliness… the undesired.


How can the Lotus be without muck, the ugliness? How can the beauty be? How can the glory be?


I doubt, God would make any sense in this world without the presence of Devil… Because Devil rules our lives, we yearn for God.


Because I am weak, I yearn to be strong…


It is the mess in my life – my inner conflicts and confusions, the susceptible and fallible mortal side of me – that ignites in me the flame of spirituality.











I was very angry – very, very angry – last evening. The effect lasted  long… And, now, here is the direct outcome of my anger: this Post!


So, will the ‘muck’ go away from my life? 


Should it?




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pics.: Prakash S. Nayak





Comments

Celine Lasrado said…
Very thought-provoking. Reassuring - Celine
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Celine,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...