OUR SMILING ENERGY







Pic.: Sheela Krishnamony

A couple of Sundays ago, I was talking to our Tai Chi teacher, Mr. Rakesh Menon. He was talking about a very simple way of feeling good, confident and happy as we went about our daily lives… through, what he called, our ‘Smiling Energy’…

I instantly fell in love with the phrase – ‘Smiling Energy’…

Yes, just think about it… just for a moment… and you can feel the lightness, happiness and confidence in your being!

Awareness of each part of our body is a very common exercise most of us are used to in Yoga and Tai Chi. But, here, for the first time, our teacher was making me aware of how the same awareness, if coupled with genuine smile and gratitude, could bring about a stupendous amount of energy and fill us with a sense of peace and freedom.

For example, when we become aware of our eyes, if we smile at our eyes and most sincerely thank them for the sight… When we become aware of our ears, if we smile at them and tell, from our heart, how fortunate we are for the gift of hearing… Similarly, to the tongue for the gift of taste, for the skin for the gift of feel, for the hands, for the feet, for the kidney, liver, pancreas and heart… for the brain, for the hair, for the blood, for the nose, teeth and our sexual organs…

Just stay for a while with each of these body parts… smile and thank… Do it most sincerely, most happily… smilingly!

Right now, as I type this Post, I am doing it: I am pausing for a moment to smile and thank my mind and heart, both, for the gift of these thoughts… I am smiling and thanking my hands for the gift of typing… I am smiling at my spine and thanking it for the gift of being able to sit erect for long on this chair…

When I smile and thank each part of my body, believe me, I can feel the release of tremendous amount of energy… It makes me feel good, happy, confident and peaceful…

So simple, so freely available to all of us… this ‘Smiling Energy’!

Thank-you Rakesh sir… Yes, the most priceless lessons in life are all there before us – FREE!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...