TO STEP OUT OF MY HOUSE HUMMING OR GRUMBLING







Pic.: Dilip V.
Just as I reached my workplace, this morning, I met a known person. He was humming a cheerful tune… His face was glowing and there was playfulness in his eyes. The moment I shook my hands with him, I could feel, instantly, what a difference one’s cheerful, playful, humming attitude – especially early in the morning – did…

“You cannot sing and be unhappy at the same time,” this person, today, was reminding me of a truth, I had known but forgotten…

Each morning comes to me with the same choice: to begin my day humming or grumbling, hopeful or hopeless… happy or sad… and, to put it bluntly, alive or dead…

Starting our day with a heavy heart is, indeed, like walking out into the world – dead!

A cheerful attitude is contagious. This morning, I was there in the company of this person hardly for a minute. But, it was enough to ignite my own cheerfulness. I could see it passing on to others as I went about my routine work…

The opposite, too, works in the same manner. Gloom and grumpiness, too, are contagious. If I spend a minute in the company of a gloomy or grumpy soul, it is enough to put off the cheer and hope from my own soul… It will make me go around spreading it to others… All dead souls out on the road!

This is how my day goes… cheerful or cheerless, happy, sad or mad! Yes, all depending upon that one simple choice I make early every morning: to step out of my house humming or grumbling.


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...