HOEZAAY HAS THE ANSWER

 


“Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.”

Mark Twain

 

THE DAWN CLUB used to conduct a very popular Workshop regularly. It was titled – “Is it Love or Is it Obsession?’ Basically, it was intended to help youngsters recognize the traces of heathy and unhealthy relationships. We held this Workshop for several years.

During the break-time, in one of these Workshops, I was introducing a  middle-aged gentleman to a young man. “Are you married?” asked the middle-aged gentleman, quite seriously.

“No, Sir, I am happy,” replied the young man, light-heartedly.

All of us started laughing. What we had intended to convey through a 3-hour-long intense Workshop on intimate relationship, was conveyed in a flash, by this happy-go-lucky young man…

The take away was simple: ‘If you are not happy on this side of the fence, you can’t be happy on the other side, too!’

Or, was it this: ‘I am already happy. So, why to lose it?’




I remember another incident. I had visited the residence of one of my dear students to invite his family for my wedding. It was thirty years ago. At their residence, I saw my student with his father. Handing over my wedding card to my student’s father, I nervously said, “Sir, I am getting ma…ed.”

“What! Getting MAD?” my student’s dad yelled.

Before I could regain my consciousness, I heard the consoling words from my student… “Don’t worry Sir; both are same!”

That day I realized, for the first time, that unless I learnt to laugh at myself, I would not be able to keep my sanity in my married life… Yes, getting married and getting mad, both would be same…




This morning, I saw a message in my FB inbox. A young woman was, apparently, pleased with my last Post on marriage and happiness. She was asking me, with all her seriousness:

“Is it truly necessary to have a companion, and get married in order to stay happy in life?”

“You are asking a wrong person, ma’am,” I felt like telling this earnest woman. Wish I had the feather-light heart of the young man in our Workshop and that parent of my student…

In other words, what I truly wanted to tell this young, earnest soul was this: “Ma'am, if you are happy here, you can be happy there as well. If you are not comfortable with your own self, you will never be comfortable with your companion.”

Life-situations can be grim most of the times. Married life is no exception… Every married soul can vouch for it.

 



And, just as I had introduced, years ago, that serious middle-aged man to that carefree young man, my own 28-year-old son had introduced Hoezaay and some of his misadventures to me when the Pandemic broke out, a year ago. For the uninitiated, curious to know who (or what) Hoezaay is, here are a few small doses…










“Dad (Dude), don’t be too serious in life, okay?”

“Okay son!”


By the way, I completely forgot about the sincere question:

“Is it truly necessary to have a companion, and get married in order to stay happy in life?”

I am not the right person to answer this question, ma’am… Hoezaay is!

Seriously!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

 

Videos: Hoezaay

 

Comments

Deepa Makkad said…
Hahahaha..Thats a good one and .Hoezaay always funny.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Yes, Deepa, he is too funny! Presently, he and his two crazy friends have something called 'Kaan Masti'! My son is very fond of it... I am not. But, the ones I have shared in the blog, I think, are his gems!!!! Love

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...