BUT, SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T LIKE PEACHES

 


“You may be the sweetest peach on the tree;

but, some people just don’t like peaches.”

Unknown

 

The thought that I am liked and admired by others  – the things that I do, like my teaching and writing, are liked and appreciated by them, yes, it is the nourishment for my healthy self-esteem. I do not think, that anyone in this world can truly feel efficient, happy and peaceful without being liked and appreciated by many – if not by all.

I had to add that rider clause – ‘If not by all’!

And, that’s the essence of today’s Post: “Hello, you may be the sweetest peach on the tree; but, some people just don’t like peaches!”

How reliving these words are!





Almost all of us have built the edifice of our self-esteem on this foundation - of being liked and appreciated by others. Where this foundation is weak, the edifice of self-esteem is weak as well. But, we just can’t expect everyone to press the ‘like button’. There will be some – significant or insignificant people in our lives – who will press the ‘dislike button’…

And, that’s the plain reality of sane living. The less we try to ask, “Why someone dislikes us?”, or “How can we make someone like us?” – yes, the better for us…

Other people behave just the way they wish to. Why they like something or someone and why they don’t like something or someone is not in our control. Many of us get this wisdom the hard way, after getting bruised through our frustrating efforts to change people’s mind. We realize, somewhere through this futile exercise, that not only we cannot make some people like us, it’s best if we let that be…

Yes, letting go of the need to be liked ‘by everyone’ is the robust pillar of  our self-esteem edifice.

If I am a sweet peach, I must know  about my own sweetness… I must value it and appreciate it first. I must also know, that there are enough people out there who like my sweetness, value it and appreciate it. And, to go about my affairs in life, with head held high and heart serene – is this much not enough?






Yes, I may be the sweetest peach on the tree; but, some people just don’t like peaches, Sir…

Some will, always, press the dislike button!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

 

Video: Little Big Shots/hoang thien an/Cctailk Pila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...