BREAK THE CHAIN

 



“I raise my hands to the sky

On my knees I pray

I’m not afraid anymore

I will walk through that door

Walk, dance, rise

Walk, dance, rise.”

(From the album – ‘Break the Chain’)

 

Early in the morning, two days ago, I saw a post from a member of one of our WhatsApp groups. He had shared a disturbing image of crematorium, scores of burning pyres. What was even more disturbing was the line he had added:

‘Modi hai toh mumkin hai!’

Instantly, another member, who has been a die-hard Modi-bhakt, retaliated… “It’s not collapse of  the system,” he shared a forward, “It’s collapse of the so-called seventy-year-old system.”

I started shaking my head…

Someone, who had some sense, quickly posted this one:

“Protect yourself from Covid-19.

“If BJP was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in Madhya Pradesh. If Congress was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in Chhattisgarh. If Shiv Sena was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in Maharashtra. If Kejriwal was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in Delhi. If Yogi was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in UP. If Modi was capable, it wouldn’t be spreading in India. If leaders were capable, it wouldn’t be spreading to themselves.

If it was controlled with money, then it wouldn’t be spreading in America. If it was stopped with the help of doctors and medicines, then it wouldn’t be spreading in Sweden, France and Belgium.

So, do not contest absurd arguments, do not get out of home unnecessarily. Always put on masks, protect yourself and protect your loved ones.

Stay safe at home. While there is life, there’s hope.”

Many responded with thumbs-up. The Modi-bhakt and the Modi-baiter, included!

A few moments later, the dog’s tail went back to where it was!


 


‘Break the chain’ or ‘Breaking the chains’?

Our attempts to blame someone else for the situation now before us may give us a strange pleasure… Yes, our PM did beat his 56-inches chest and say, “Modi hai toh mumkin hai”. He may continue to do so…

But, what about you and me?

Are we a herd?

I am an optimist. But, I am not a fool. When I am at a crematorium, I, too, get overwhelmed by sorrow. I, too, repent and promise to God in the silence, ‘O God, I will change my sinful ways’…

And, by the time I leave the crematorium, my ‘Shamshan Vairagya’  leaves me, too…

Yes, the chain of karma needs to be broken by me, from my end… I think, that is enough to set me free from this stupid bondage…




Haan ji. Akhal hai toh, mumkin hai!!!!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's.: pixabay

 

Video: Dancing Without Borders

 

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...