SATSANG SUNNA HAI TOH JAGA MAT DEKHO

 



“Seva karna  hai toh ghadee mat dekho,

Prasad lena hai toh swaad mat dekho,

Satsang sunna hai toh jaga mat dekho.”

Unknown Guru

 

Dr. Brijesh* is not a doctor of medicine. He is a doctorate – a PhD. But, that is not the point of interest for my blog, today. He lives in another metropolitan city, hundreds of miles away from amchi Mumbai. But, we have known to each other for over two decades, now. We share common values – simplicity, straight-forwardness, mutual respect, and, above all, sharing. There were many occasions, he had sought my help in matters of my expertise. And, there were many occasions, I had sought his help.

I particularly remember one early morning, some ten-twelve years ago. I was heavily weighed down by some issues… I was driven to the edge and, I was breaking down easily. So, that particular morning, I was baring it all over the phone before Dr. Brijesh. All that he did was what I desperately needed at that time: a good, hearty, empathetic listening. At the end of it all, I felt a lot relieved and peaceful. “My friend, two things, if you learn to drop, will help you move forward with confidence,” he had advised me, “Anger and worry.”




Years later, I have moved forward in my life. Anger and worry, no matter how noble one thinks I am, have been a part of my thinking system. Yes, they are still there… But, then, their intensity has far diminished… They do not easily overpower me… The process of dealing with them makes me a better human being… It keeps me grounded, humble and teachable, always…

And, my association with Dr. Brijesh – the sat-sang – continues… Early, this morning, he had dropped in my inbox this audio:

 


 

Probably, I must’ve already listened to it, at least, half-a-dozen times… I do not know who this satsang teacher is… Does it matter, anyway?

What matters is what this amazing teacher tries to convey, in such simple words and with such simple style. What, also, matters is the fact, that my friend, Dr. Brijesh, thought of me early, this morning… “Satsang sunna hai toh jaga mat dekho!”…

What a powerful advice!

They say, “The company that we keep defines us.” If so, the company, which Dr. Brijesh and I have been keeping, is an amazing satsang. I think, the only venue we need to settle for this satsang - are our hearts…




And, as they say, “The teacher appears when the student is ready!”

 

*Name changed

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

 

Video: 1. Unknown Guru   2. Alexandro Querevalu

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...