EXPRESSWAY



I am on this Expressway…
Now.


My life has been, always, this way…
First, slow, very slow…
Then, fast, very fast…
Once again, very, very slow.


Though I love the expanse of these lush meadows,
I am awed by the might of the distant mountains…
And the silence of their valleys.
Though I fear the darkness of these tunnels,
I am moved by the light promised at their end.


And though I do not like the twists and turns these passes offer…
I respect the truth: Even the great passes have to pass…
To take me to the ‘other side’… my ‘Promised Land’.
I look down, deep below, and feel how small I am,
And I look out, far away, and feel how near I am!
I am inspired by this aloneness, this silence…
This passage of my life…
This amazing Life!


Even the gentle breeze that comes from the ravine…
Comes to remind me this:
Someone, miles and miles afar, is thinking about me,
Yes, now, as I take this breath!


I look outside and wipe away my smiling tears…


Wow, this Life!
What a Gift… What a Journey… What a Blessing!


“Thank you,” my heart says…
To this Expressway.


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

PREM and PRAMILA said…
And, Wow, what a poem... what an imagery!

Thanks.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Dear Prem & Pramila,

Life is this 'Expressway'... We all are on it.

It is all slow, fast and slow again for all of us...
It is all lovely meadows, dark tunnels, winding passes and silent valleys for all of us.

Yes, even I loved this little poem.

Thanks,

Love,

GERALD

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...