SUCH IS THIS JOY





















This is my second post on Joy, today.





The more I feel grateful, the more I feel joyful.

The less I judge, the better the person 

or situation appears. 
 
The more I trust my intuitions, 

the righter I turn out…
 
The lesser I expect,  the lesser I get hurt,
 
And, the more I let go, the more peaceful I am.




Any act, that comes from a profound sense of gratitude, has to bring me joy. Any act, that comes from my innate trust in me, others and the Universe - has to lead me to joy. Any act, that I do without too much of analysis, too much of calculations – has to be a joyful act. 


My son, who does his studies in animation, asked me the other day if I knew anyone who worked for a good animation or a related Studio in Mumbai. He wanted to visit and see how it worked in the real world. 


I remembered one of my old students, Jeetendra. He had been working for one of the finest Studios which did VSF effects and other related things for their clients in Hollywood. But, I had lost contact with Jeetendra and told my son that I would try to do something.


Surprisingly, the very next morning, I bumped into Jeetendra and his wife on their way to office. They were in a hurry; so, I quickly explained to him about my son’s need. Jeetendra was more than happy to help, and he gave me his cell-number and wanted me to ask my son to co-ordinate the rest with him.


That night, my son called up Jeetendra. They spoke for a long time on phone… and, the next day, my son was asked to visit the Studio where Jeetendra worked. My son was thrilled.


The next afternoon, Jeetendra had spent a great deal of time to take my son around at the Studio… guide him, answer his questions, and help him gauge the reality, first hand. My son came home a lot relieved and happy.


At night, I and my wife spent a lot of time listening to what our son had to say after that afternoon visit. He shared his joy with us… and, as parents, we felt happy for our son… and, in the process, we felt the simple joy that was abounding around us, that night. 


My heart was feeling grateful for my very dear student Jeetendra. I was proud that he was my student! 


About twenty years had rolled by… and, now, this boy had surfaced, all out of the blue, when we needed him the most. I immediately sent my feelings the next morning:

“Good morning Jeetendra.
Just wanted to say ‘Thank You’ for so kindly guiding my son, Kenrick.
He was hugely impressed.
May you find more and more joy and success in your life.
Thank you Jeetendra, once again.
Have a nice day.
Love, 

- GERRY.



Hardly some seconds had passed by, and Jeetendra had sent me this reply:

“Thanks to you, sir, for taking good care of us
And guide us when we needed it the most…
It is my pleasure that I could guide your son in the same manner… 

All your teachings, sir! 


Thank you,

Have a nice day, too. 

 -  Jeetendra
 

My joy amplified… I got back to my student:

“Jeetendra, you are being just humble and kind…
Thank you, once again.

SIR


















  


Where does my joy come from?

I do not know when I will see Jeetendra again. Nor do I know, where my son will be after another twenty years…

Such is this life…
Such is this joy!


Make hay… when the Sun shines.”




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: Jeevan Tauro



Comments

Biren said…
Make hay, when the Sun shines... this looks new all over again!!!

Thanks.

.. Biren
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Biren...

Keep reading.

Love,

GERRY
PRERNA said…
GOOD ONE SIR, THANK YOU.

- PRERNA
Uday Nambiar said…
Really joy can be as uncomplicated as that!

Nice piece!

= Uday Nambiar
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Prerna,

Glad u liked the post,

Love,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Uday,

Yes, it can be as uncomplicated!

Love,

GERRY
ranjini.b said…
its really amazing wen we meet d person all of a sudden we wer thinking abt.. n it feels gr8 wen v come2 know dat d person whom we have lost contact do remember us..

teaching profession is indeed gr8.. dey get2 create a lasting impact on d young minds.. i miss being a student of urs sir..
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Oh yes, Ranjini, the teaching profession is, in deed, great! The thought that I am able to leave the impact is very fulfilling, really.

And, yes ma'am, even I miss being your teacher... even though my role, that day, was just 'blink-and-you-miss' type!

Love,

Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...