I INVITE MY WORLD...








Every time I open my Face book account, a question stares at me: 

“What is on your mind?” 


I am just new to this Face book world… And, even though I may sound so dumb here, I believe it is known as ‘Status’… where I am supposed to share how exactly how I feel right now: the thing that plays on my mind… that what consumes me, makes me feel strong about it – may be love it or hate it – makes me smile, laugh, afraid, angry even hate and avenge. Or, reconcile.


That is too much of a stuff, too personal, too uncomfortable to share even with my intimate friends leave alone through this FB! 


So, probably, they expect me to write: “Hi guys, I am just back after an amazing holiday in Singapore,”or, “Hi everyone, just watched ‘Dirty Picture’… Vidya sizzles!”… Or, may be this: “Popo has his Maths paper today. Please pray!”



What is there on your mind, YOU KNOW… even if you don’t share it with the world.


What is there on your mind, you focus on!


What you focus on, expands in your life!


What expands in your life, forms the quality of your life!

It forms your WORLD!


Putting it in the lingo that is made to sound almost ‘futuristic’ by the famous video and the book, ‘The Secret’ – this principle is known as ‘the Law of Attraction’.


In fact, the film and the book tell you, at the very outset, that this Law is as ancient as Adam and Eve!





What you love, what you admire, 


what you worship - 


you attract in your life. 


It manifests. 


By the same token, 


what you to hate, what you fear, 


what you detest – 


you attract in your life, too. 


It manifests, too!



Your inmost becomes your outmost. 


You become the image you worship.


You become the World you live in!


If success, happiness and prosperity are what I want in my life, I must focus just on them: On the abundance, on the vast expanse of possibility, yes, on the Garden of Eden! It is only when my mind, heart and soul are surrounded, all around, by this bright consciousness, that my life becomes a fertile field where every seed sprouts, and grows to glory.


On the other hand, if my mind, heart and soul keep complaining about the missing things, keep blaming people and situations for the troubles in my life, if they keep denying the love that is now available, the hope that is now beckoning, the person that is now promising, the coins that are still left in your pockets, the health that is far better than that of so many out there… Yes, if my mind, heart and soul do not know how to appreciate what is already there, how to be grateful, how to celebrate, share and look forward with trust and hope – then, my life is destined to turn into an endless field of Lack… 


Misery does not come on its own. We invite it.


But, there is good news!


Most of us invite misery in our ‘ignorance’! We are unaware when we do that. Believe me, we all are!


And, that IS the good news. That IS the hope. That IS the reason, why we all should, now, shift the ‘search light’… Yes, from lack to abundance, from gloom to hope, from sickness to health, from hate to love, from fear to faith… 



















“What is on your mind?” is the question.


Today, I have in my mind a burning desire to perform this ‘Agnihotra’. 


I desire to purify my inner world… 


The world outside will be purified on its own…


I AM THE WORLD!




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: Anita Dongre


Comments

Ramakant said…
I invite my own world! How true! Thanks for this brilliant article. Ramakant
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Ramakant.

Love,

GERRY
Anonymous said…
Very inspiring. Shanti.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Shanti...

Love

GERRY
Mini said…
wonderfully put..so true indeed !!
...and the FB question has baffled me too :-)
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Mini... Glad, u liked the post.

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...