JUST A FEW STEPS...


 

Well, whose job is it to calm the unrest within me?



Like the frightened disciples of Jesus,

I hold-fast the mast of my boat and cry:

“O Master, save me… Have mercy on me.”

But, the wind still blows hard,

And, the sea is still ruthless.

"Where is my Savior?" I ask,

"Why is He not there when I need Him the most?"




Well, when my Savior was here on earth,

He too had lost his strength,

He too had been frightened to death:

“My Lord, my Lord,” He had cried soaked in blood,

“Why have You forsaken me, Your Son?”

 
Today, there is turmoil within me…

But, no! No one has sold me for some silver coins…

No one has condemned me to die on the Cross of Calvary…

Only this walk to Calvary…

Only to be the Simon of Cyrene…

Just for a few steps... 

Just a willing acceptance…

To follow the path of my Savior.

Soon,the sea will be silent…

The boat will be stable…

My heart will find the answer to its cry:

“Whose job is to calm the unrest within me?

Where is my Savior?

Why has He forsaken me, His son?"





GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Abhang

Comments

Mohan Raj said…
Brilliant!!!


Mohan Raj
Anonymous said…
Life's essence craftfully captured! Loved this poem, sir.

... Sheena
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Mohan

Love,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Sheena...

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...