A SHIP PASSING BY THE NIGHT






















Yesterday, I had written two posts on joy. ‘Such is this Joy’ was my second post. I saw, today, the comment sent by one of my regular readers, Ranjini, a second-year BMS student. She had ended her comment with these lines:


“God doesn’t give us what we ‘want’ every time…
But, He gives us what we ‘need ’every time.”


Well, this would have passed just like a ship passing by the night… had I not read it with the kind of heart and mind I possessed this morning.


A hundred beautiful lines I keep coming across while reading, writing, teaching, talking, watching TV or movies, listening to songs or just musing… and, only a few of them make me sit up, come to a standstill… sometimes, even, shake me from the core. Yes, it all depends on the kind of heart and mind I possess at the particular point of time.


Now, these lines of Ranjini, I would like to re-state again. Let’s read it, all over again:


“God doesn’t give us what we ‘want’ every time…
But, He gives us what we ‘need’ every time.”


Ranjini was writing this in response to the post I had published on the subject of joy… and, this young college girl was reminding us about such a simple truth, which, invariably all of us either miss or take it for granted. I think, while writing my two posts on the subject of joy, I did miss this truth. When I, now, reflect on those lines, the entire load of my anxiety and stress falls, the strain of bitterness goes, and I see a beautiful road is being  paved in my heart to usher in gratitude… and make me joyful.




Yes, it is when I see the truth - 


that, what I 'need' 


is always taken care of by God, 


I feel incredibly secure and joyful. 

 


















I really feel surprised when I think of the way we find, in life, our teachers, our wisdom and our inspirations.


It was my turn, this morning, to pause and learn from a young teacher named, Ranjini. 


Strange are God’s ways of giving us our need – JOY!


Thank you Ranjini, for being a God’ messenger, this morning. Besides being my teacher, that is!




GERALD D’CUNHA
 
Pics.:Nilesh Jejurkar








Comments

Seema Kishore said…
So, touching sir! Thank you!

- Seema
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Seema.

I am happy, u loved this post.

Do read often,

Love,

GERRY
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed reading, sir.

Thanx.

.. Rishi
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hi Rishi, thanks a lot.

Keep reading,

Love,

GERRY
ranjini.b said…
thank u sir.......... cant tell u how i felt after reading dis post on me.. my joy knew no bounds.. :)
but its u who have been sent by God not only2 me but2 millions of ur students and ur blog readers..
u bring happiness and joy and make others think abt life..

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...