THE FIRE AND THE GLINT





No one knows

Why some things happen the way they always do,

No one knows

Why my Will need not be the one  needed by my soul…




Today, I heard someone reminding me,

Over and over again,

That, Your Will should come before mine…

And, I heard myself repeatedly crying –

“Yes, Yes… Yes!”



So, here I am looking up to the skies and pleading:

Give me the sunlight,

Send  me the rain,

May the wind blow gentle,

May the Seas go kind…

May the Stars stay long,

May the Moon come often…

 Send me my Guardian Angel,

May he watch me over when I rest,

May he guard my dear ones when I go on my sojourn…




Teach me how to change with seasons,

Stand steadfast as hills,

Smile with the clouds,

Dance with the leaves,

Sing with the cuckoos,

Flow with the streams…



I am busy preparing the soil,

And sowing the seeds,

And, trusting my heart,

And, walking in Your faith,

Basking in Your Grace...

You, who speak from the Fire

That eternally burns,

And, I... the glint

That eternally yearns!




Your Will is fine...

May it be mine!




GERALD D'CUNHA

Pic.: Denzil Pais

Comments

ranjini.b said…
again a fantastic1 4m u sir..
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Ranjini...

Love,

Sir
NEELAM PATEL said…
Beautiful... Felt light. Thank you, Gerry.

. Neelam
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Neelam

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...